Address: 979 E Gulf Dr. Sanibel Island FL, 33957
Island Location: Donax and East Gulf Drive
Size of Property: 10.2 acres
Number of Units: 168
Year Built: 1974
Unit Types: Typical direct gulf units are approximately 1425 sq. ft
and the remaining units being 1385 sq. ft
Available Views: Beach, courtyard, pool
Beaches: Directly on Gulf of Mexico, 475 feet of linear beach access
Amenities: Pool, tennis courts, club house, elevators
Pets: Limits: one small dog under 25lbs
Minimum Stay: 7 nights
Loggerhead Cay is comprised of 168 units, two-bedroom units with two different floor plans. One of the larger complexes on the island. This is a gorgeous, beach front condominium complex with pool, tennis courts, club house, outdoor grills, and shuffle board! Gorgeous designated outdoor area to sit and enjoy your meal near the outdoor grills.
The buildings themselves form a shape of a “U” with the ends of the “U” being the closest to the gulf. Building 5 and building 1 have beautiful beach front views just steps away from the sand and gulf.
Loggerhead Cay has two floor plans, the typical direct gulf units are approximately 1425 sq. ft and the remaining units being 1385 sq. ft. Each unit has a great screened in lanai to enjoy as well! This complex is wonderful for families with one of the largest pools on the island as part of their complex. Located towards the east end of the island. Plenty of area to beach comb, find shells, and make lasting memories!
If you are interested in booking a unit at the Loggerhead Cay, check out these great offerings available now!:
Pet Policy for Loggerhead Cay
Loggerhead Cay Pet Policy & Regulations
Owners are allowed two (2) dogs of up to twenty-five pounds in their Unit and the limited external common elements of the condominium property. Other family members, guests, and renters are allowed only (1) such pet. But at no time can there be more than two (2) dogs allowed to reside in a Unit.
“Pet” does not include the following breeds of mixed breeds of dogs: Akita, Alaskan Malamute, Chow Chow, Doberman Pinscher, German Shepherd, Pitbull, Rottweiler, or any breed that may be excluded by the owners’ insurance policy. Dogs with a history of biting are not allowed.
All owners must register and keep current their pet policy (i.e., whether pets are allowed in their unit). All owners must notify Yolanda Fuller if they allow pets or do not allow pets. Owners shall also notify family members, guests, renters and rental agencies of their policy and the above restrictions.
Owners shall indemnify the association for any problems caused by a dog they allow. Whether that pet has been brought onto the Association property by them, other family members, guests, or renters of their unit, and bites or otherwise harms any person or attacks another dog while on the condominium property.
1. Dogs must always be leashed within the condominium perimeter and on the beach, and not allowed to run freely.
2. Dogs are not allowed in the Courtyard and people walking their dogs to and from the beach are not allowed to use the courtyard walkways. They are to walk their dog down the parking lot to the last access point by the shower/foot bath.
3. Owners and renters must clean their pet’s waste on both the premises and on the beach.
4. Owners and renters are not allowed to leave their Pets unattended on their lanais.
1. Every owner is expected to post our Pet Policy in their unit and comply with them. If you are not a Pet friendly unit, that needs to be posted in your unit as well and sent to the rental agencies and the Loggerhead Cay office. Whether you allow Pets or not, this information should also be posted on your private websites that advertise your unit such as Vrbo, Airbnb and others.
2. Each owner and renter must have proof that their pet’s vaccinations are current.
3. All rental agencies will be notified of our Pet Policy and rules via registered mail and asked to post them on their website.
4. Our Pet Policy and rules will also be posted on the Loggerhead Cay website.
6. We will retain the 25-pound pet weight restriction but emphasize that it is the dog’s behavior that is paramount.
It is incumbent on an owner who witnesses a violation of our Pet Policy to notify the Loggerhead Cay Office immediately so appropriate action can be taken to remedy the situation. Finally, those owners who repeatedly violate our Pet Policy and/or abuse our rules will incur financial penalties.